General Roofing Systems Canada provides snow and ice removal throughout Canada. Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Lloydminster, Saskatoon, Regina, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Canmore, Banff, Cranbrook, Kelowna, Vancouver, Whistler, Winnipeg, Toronto and points between. British Columbia. Alberta. Saskatchewan. Manitoba. Ontario.
While we are on a ten minute sandwich break with our 24/7 operations across Western Canada, we thought it best to write a quick article on hiring a roofing contractor. Our phone lines are backed up at times – we have never experienced not being able to attend to the volume of calls before, and out waiting list can be frustrating for some (please accept our sincere apologies for this), so we have put a list together as a guide to help you during the hiring procedure for an available contractor.
Some things to consider when hiring someone to remove the snow or ice from your roof
- Ask for a copy of their insurance. Be sure you see it first hand. We carry a $5,000,000 liability for a reason. If the person you hire falls off your roof and is injured or is killed and they do not have the proper insurance, you will be held responsible. Most homeowners do not know how important this is. VERY IMPORTANT.
- Workers’ Compensation Board. Ask for a copy of their WCB. Ask for a WCB clearance that is recent, as this shows they are up to date their their premiums and active.
- City business licence. Self-explanatory… be sure that you see it first hand.
- Experience. Easy to check. Look at their website and client base or ask them for some of their clients you can contact. Call references if they do not have a detailed website that shows experience.
You must get someone on your roof with experience
We only put experienced roofers on our work-sites to remove snow and ice or do repairs. Of course, we also staff helpers, but a certified or very experienced roofer is important. Here’s why: only a roofer knows that if you step in a valley that it shingles, and subsequently when thaw comes the system will leak terribly. A roofer knows you cannot step on the shingle cap. An inexperienced worker on your roof will cause damage – guaranteed. These damages will not show up until thawing comes around, and then your roof will leak. Cost wise, a leak is much worse than snow removal.
When calling us for roof snow removal, ice dams, and roof repairs…
Our phone lines are busy – we really, really apologize. Many of the calls we are getting are commercial and industrial roof collapses or major roof leaks into homes and businesses. It can be tough to keep up.
However, we can help you in expediting the process. Here is how it works:
- We are a 24/7 roofing company. Although you can call us, email works better.
- We have moved our roof workers into the Edmonton area from all over Western Canada, so we have a lot of staff assisting in the effort. It may not appear organized on the surface, but there are people available.
- When you call (877.497.3528) or email (email@example.com) our offices, we will take your information and put you on the list of people that need their roof to be serviced.
- Our office takes all the inquiries and consolidates the orders, then organizes logistics. We arrange scheduling according to address, severity, etc.
- If you put your name on the list and you find someone else to service you prior to our return call, then simply notify us and we will take you off the list. Be sure your contractor has insurance.
- You can elect to be put on our 24/7 standby service. As availability opens up, we will call you back when your site can be fit in-between other calls.
- The best way to get on the service list is by using email or by using our online form on our website. This automatically puts you in to the scheduling system. Click to Request Roof Quotation.
- Keep in mind that even if we estimate our availability as five days, it may be the case that another client cancels or reschedules.
- While you are waiting for a callback, you can read through our various articles at the main GRS roofing website as well as our main roofing blog and local blogs. After you have read pertinent field reports and have done a homeowner roof assessment, give us a call and perhaps we will be able to solve some of the leak issues right over the phone.
If you are calling about an industrial or commercial roof snow load or roof repair concern and think you may have a dangerous situation developing, call our 877 line and be sure to send an email along with it as well. All emails are instantly seen by our roofing managers in the field.
All things considered, what might be an emergency in a residential context, for instance, could be as simple as plugged roof vents. Nevertheless, our lines are open and waiting to help answer any questions you have.
24 Hour Emergency Roof Repair: Call +1.877.497.3528 toll-free. firstname.lastname@example.org.
British Columbia | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba | Ontario